Mountain Buzz banner
141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
So the question is - what price would you actually be willing to sell for so worth your time / effort? If there is a price…
Probably a grand, depending on the wood used. The curly maple in those hammers is pretty cheap, and a few other of the woods aren’t too spendy, but one of them ( the closest in the picture of four) has well over $100 just in material. I’d be open to making more if someone really wanted one or more. I’m always game for bartering.

·
Registered
264 Posts
View attachment 83359

Here is my scrap iron multi tool in action. It sets sand stakes, levels tables, and anchors small boats. And I'm not afraid of marring it up like I would be using one of those beautiful wood hammers. Man those are sweet!
Yes! That thing is awesome.
Yeah, friends have trouble using my hammer, but it’s just a tool. Functional art. Just have to build them tough enough to last. Bang em up, nothing a little sandpaper and oil can’t fix.

·
Registered
205 Posts
View attachment 83359

Here is my scrap iron multi tool in action. It sets sand stakes, levels tables, and anchors small boats. And I'm not afraid of marring it up like I would be using one of those beautiful wood hammers. Man those are sweet!
Sorry DoStep but I’m bored on a Friday night. Nice back drop but your still drinking cheap beer. But at least you still have some late in the trip. I assume you drained your cooler so you still had them ice cold. 🤣

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
"What other pet peeves do people have? I need some extra examples in order to prove to my SO that I’m not crazy about rigging. "

This is from the post that started this particular donnybrook. He says he wants to prove to his SO that he's not crazy about rigging, when it seems clear that he, likea lot of us is crazy about rigging, and that's perfectly normal.
My pet peeve is guys that try to be Old-Man-River…in that patronizing way of “this rapid eats a lot of boats. You’re probably not ready for it, but I’ll save you afterwards “. Try taking that guy down the Grand for a really good time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My pet peeve is guys that try to be Old-Man-River…in that patronizing way of “this rapid eats a lot of boats. You’re probably not ready for it, but I’ll save you afterwards “. Try taking that guy down the Grand for a really good time.
After taking a well deserved beat down on another thread I’ll compromise with you Wallrat
I’ll be Old-Man-River but I won’t save you afterwards. I saw the photos where you tried to kill Charlie. So if you run that shit your more ready than me.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you touch me, and I'll kill you.
You win the internet today. Well played!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you touch me, and I'll kill you.
Who TF is this guy? We’ve got to get him on one of our trips. He’ll fit right in. Only…..it’s decaf for him. For sure.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
After taking a well deserved beat down on another thread I’ll compromise with you Wallrat
I’ll be Old-Man-River but I won’t save you afterwards. I saw the photos where you tried to kill Charlie. So if you run that shit your more ready than me.
In the instance I was so horribly peeved about we had to rescue OMR, more than once…not the other way around. If you can pull it off, we’re good. it’s always interesting to learn the names of every fish in the river.
And as to Charlie…he touched my boat. He was fucking with my straps…so it had to happen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't believe nobody talked about the other rafter with the perfectly dialed boat that won't take any of the weird hard to tie down stuff. I can forgive newbies and non-boaters for almost anything, but experienced guides that "can't" take that funky folding chair someone brought drives me nuts.

My other but minor pet peeve is not giving the tl a break. They seem to have twice the work on the river and way more pre and post trip work but not given a break on duty roster.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I can't believe nobody talked about the other rafter with the perfectly dialed boat that won't take any of the weird hard to tie down stuff. I can forgive newbies and non-boaters for almost anything, but experienced guides that "can't" take that funky folding chair someone brought drives me nuts.
Please forgive my ignorance of river trip etiquette, I’m brand new to paddling craft that can carry more than a couple small drybags, a sixer, and a breakdown paddle, but is a captain that packs efficiently and has his/her boat dialed obligated to carry other people’s random gear? Group essentials I get, kitchen items, groover, firewood, hand wash etc etc — gotta save room for that stuff — but if I forego the luxury of a giant chair in favor of one that’s more compact and stows well so that my raft isn’t Clampett fabulous and somebody shows up with more crap than they can cram into their boat…am I really expected to carry their junk?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance of river trip etiquette, I’m brand new to paddling craft that can carry more than a couple small drybags, a sixer, and a breakdown paddle, but is a captain that packs efficiently and has his/her boat dialed obligated to carry other people’s random gear? Group essentials I get, kitchen items, groover, firewood, hand wash etc etc — gotta save room for that stuff — but if I forego the luxury of a giant chair in favor of one that’s more compact and stows well so that my raft isn’t Clampett fabulous and somebody shows up with more crap than they can cram into their boat…am I really expected to carry their junk?
And the answer, my good man, is: Fuck NO. Don’t subsidize Clampett behavior.

·
Registered
205 Posts

My other but minor pet peeve is not giving the tl a break. They seem to have twice the work on the river and way more pre and post trip work but not given a break on duty roster.
Dean999 used a bad example with the “Clampett” chair but not being willing to carry a odd piece of group gear doesn’t fly.
A common characteristic of a good trip leader is the willingness to put more effort into a trip and not even think about it. It is the responsibility of trip participants to recognize this and offer help all the way through the process.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts