Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a bit of a travel situation. I have a ticket to Veracruz to go paddle the Alaseca area from the 29th to the 6th of January but the person who was supposed to be driving my boat down had to cancel last minute. All the boats at AdventuRec are already spoken for and I am struggling trying to find a decent rental creek boat in the area. Need something in the 80 gallon region. My US leg of the flight is United Express so they won't take anything over 73" and shipping looks to be about 7-900 each way. Rather not blow off my vacation and lose a chunk of money on my ticket so I figured I try here for some suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help. I could sure use it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks El Flaco.

I'm all set to go to Veracruz, but as Warren notes, he needs a creekboat. Do you know how to get hold of Gary E.? Is he staying at Aventurec?

I sent Grant an email and posted a message on his facebook page a few weeks ago, but he hasn't gotten back with me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Warren - check out: Esprit | Mexico | Week of Rivers | Whitewater Paddling, Rafting & Kayaking

Last time I was paddling in the Veracruz area we spent a bit of time in Jalcomulco. Granted this was 10 years ago. There are some great rivers nearby. Esprit had an impressive supply of kayaks for rent back then, and may be worth looking into since it appears they still run kayak trips there. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jennifer,

I contacted Jim Coffey, who operated Esprit in Jalcomulco, December 8 and he said that his company has moved to Costa Rica.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks El Flaco!

I just got off the phone with Gary and we are set on boats now He's leaving his Karma in Mexico.

He also gave me some up-to-date beta on the flows on the Alseseca and Rio de Oro.

Mucho gracias amigo!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You

Thanks for the info. Looks like Gary is gonna hook me up with his boat when I'm down there so no more cancelled trip :p I do appreciate the lead.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Good to hear- Gary's good like that. Have fun; I'm jealous. The one time I made it that far south I was able to boat the Antigua and the Filo-Bobos, but no one in my crew wanted to hit the Alseseca or some of the bigger stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
help! Veracruz in March

I'm heading to Mexico. Is there going to me any water/boating in March and /or any boat rental?

cheers,
Clay D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts