Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we saw what looked like an abandoned Pyrhana Burn on the shore river left in the steeps, I think it was right after the S-turn steep. It looked like it had the outfitting stripped out of it.

Anyone know who's boat that is and if they are planning on retrieving it?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I sure hope someone goes in after their boat. The last thing we need in there is to be leaving our stuff behind! We need to be SO SO conscientious in there, especially to ensure the future of BAILEY FEST!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Listen.....no more Mr Nice guys! If that is your boat go F'n get it or let someone know your going to get it!!!!
Don't know about you, but if someone took the time to strip the outfitting; they likely are planning to abandon it! Losers!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I have no idea, but maybe the river stripped the outfitting?

If this is your boat, I bet Ian can get you in touch with a local to go retrieve it. Pm deepsouthpaddler.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Dave, didn't you read summit's post? NO MORE MR NICE GUY!!!! :-x:-x:-x
Your post is entirely too civilized! Ha!

It hadn't occured to me that someone stripped the outfitting, I just assumed the river had done it...regardless of the case, whoever's boat it is should figure out how to get it outta there.

SHOW YOURSELF BOAT LEAVER!!!! just kidding, just get your boat.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There was a boat reportedly pinned in the steeps at bailey fest. It was mostly submerged and not accessible at 420 cfs. The owner contacted me about talking to the 4 falls landowners to try to go in and get it. No word it this is the same boat or not. I would guess flows dropped and someone was able to get the pinned boat out and put it up on the bank. Mother nature strips outfitting very efficiently.

I've been in contact with the 4 falls landowners after some issues at bailey fest. I will be meeting with a representative from the multiple landowners at rivercliffe (4 falls property owners) to discuss improvements and communication for future bailey fest events. I am planning on discussing issues around retrieving lost gear, and boatless or injured paddlers hiking out when we meet. I'll post what we come up with.

Best option is to get your gear out without hassling the landowners if possible. I've towed boats out on the flatwater and paddled cracked boats out 1/2 full of water with a foot long crack in them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is my boat was waiting for the water to come down, getting permission from the land owners to grab it I will go in this week. Who ever pulled it out must have stripped the outfitting or the water did it. It will be taken out of there thats a promise! The landowners will be contacted tomorrow night!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Listen.....no more Mr Nice guys! If that is your boat go F'n get it or let someone know your going to get it!!!!
Don't know about you, but if someone took the time to strip the outfitting; they likely are planning to abandon it! Losers!
wow, you really softened up there summit ;)

Pyranha_rev, I bet it was the river that stripped it...good luck retrieving it. Maybe there's not too much, or any, damage to the shell. Good Luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Pyranha_rev, I bet it was the river that stripped it...good luck retrieving it. Maybe there's not too much, or any, damage to the shell. Good Luck.
The boat folded on my legs I shouldn't have been over there in the first place, it was me being careless and boofing off a horizon line I didn't scout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Almost forgot, we did a run after the Bailey Fest (fashionably late... chasing the sunlight, whatever) We put in at the bridge behind the restaurant (sorry shitty with names, can't remember what the place is called). Anyway, the owner of the restaurant and sounds like the majority of the other buildings there. Really cool guy who was pro kayaker, but asked if we could park along the river south of the buildings, but west of his dumpster so there's room for patrons. Told him I'd spread the word, and once again he's a really cool guy; plus the place has pretty good burgers if you don't feel like hitting the BBQ pit near the take out.
Cheers,

·
Registered
461 Posts
ednaout said:

Yes yes..... I know, over reacted a little on the poor guy. The post just caught me in a rare bad mood and I know how sensitive Bailey issue is, now feeling a little bad. Ha ha!
My apologies buddy!
:)
Coon

·
Registered
966 Posts
pyranha_rev,

I think we need to swim story. If it wasn't epic, than you should add whatever embellishments necessary to make it so.

If the story is exceptional, I may have an extra bulkhead that would fit your boat.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pyranha_rev,

I think we need to swim story. If it wasn't epic, than you should add whatever embellishments necessary to make it so.

If the story is exceptional, I may have an extra bulkhead that would fit your boat.
The boat was in pretty bad shape, looked like the seat had been torn out and the shell was smashed in a bit.

Might be able to tow it out if you put a spare sprayskirt on it, but it might be easier to just get it to river right and hike it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The boat is being taken out thursday , the story behind this accident , saw a horizon line I wanted to boof ,as I'm going off the drop I hit a Rock that ended up making me vertical pin , the boat started folding on my feet , ended up walking out till a nice couple gave me a ride on their raft. Sketchy situation that could have been alot worse .

·
Registered
966 Posts
Pyranha_rev, Full_Tilt and any other alias you might be mountain buzzing as...

Glad you got out of the situation, sounds sketchy. Where did you vertical pin?

Bought a new burn right after...very nice. I'm sure you were going in after your boat regardless though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pyranha_rev, Full_Tilt and any other alias you might be mountain buzzing as...

Glad you got out of the situation, sounds sketchy. Where did you vertical pin?

Bought a new burn right after...very nice. I'm sure you were going in after your boat regardless though...
Yes, the plan was to wait till the water went down the land owners were notified after the accident. Talked to the man ( leaving his name out) that was down there at Four falls cutting trees during Bailey fest . I will be in there Thursday morning with him. I'm leaving the work to deep south paddler to do the liason work for the boating community, so I'm not going to bring up any issues.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts