Mountain Buzz banner

Blue Valley Land Exchange approved

1809 25
Looks like yesterday the Land Exchange was approved on the Blue River. I e-mailed inquiring about when the new takeout would be open and ready.

Reactions: nervouswater
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
While I recognize the ranch owner has done quite a bit to preserve habitat and wildlife, this exchange sure seems to be more of a play to minimize river traffic on a very navigable river, that just happens to run by his house. Surely, this whole event was initiated by Jones and his people. Yes, the net acreage exchange seems to indicate some semblance of goodwill, but I only see a greater restriction to overall river access. While improvements at the confluence with the Colorado will be nice, the “seasonal” take-out at Spring Creek seems like a red herring…. The very fact it’s called a “take-out“ and not a boat ramp or “put-in” speaks volumes.
Annnnnnnd you nailed it. I'll just keep peeing out of the bow, facing his place when I float by....

· Registered
78 Posts
Anything banning or regulating launching at the green mountain area? That has to be better than the launch below green Mountain Dam.
I don't half mind it. Then again, I'm usually leaving the oar rig at home and paddling the mini max to spring creek.

· Registered
45 Posts
I'm with you about the put in. It hardly runs as it , and it can get busy on the weekends. making the put in a challenge keeps the big boats and trailers away.. If it was a easy ramp, there would not be enough parking and it would be a s. show. Jones has had this in the works for many years and we have has many opportunities to review and comment on it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts