Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm wondering about this section. I have never floated this section before nor I don't usually drive in that area. Colorado Rivers and Creeks say it's only a 3 mile run with III/IV water. Is it a river worthwhile to bring my raft from Denver and float it? Or Green Mountain Canyon too?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've done the section below green mountain res. Its a beautiful canyon. One of the best runs I've ever done. As far as rafting it goes, that might be difficult. The put in is a steep climb down a hill side. I can imagine taking raft down it wouldn't be so much fun. At higher water level the actual run might be fun in a raft. But definitely nothing below about 350 CFS.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Upper Blue is a great run. Plenty of action in an oar rig. I ran it last year at around 1100 cfs and it was great. It can be run as low as 600-700 cfs but it's pretty bony at that level. Check http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f14/blue-river-9118.html for more info.

As for the Lower Blue through Green Mtn. Canyon, it's nice, feels like you're out in the woods, the fishing is great and there are a few fun rapids. However, the put-in is a biatch.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The lower Blue put in for a raft ain't fun. I have seen rafts lowered by rope and pulley off a truck bumper but that still didn't look like fun. My lowest level for kayaking is 700 and it's still kind of boney in spots. I have seen rafts in there at that level so it must be OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts