Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
As you have probably already noticed, we have been bumping up our releases from Green Mountain Dam to the Lower Blue over the past week. Mainly, we've been responding to increased inflow from the rain.

Today, Denver Water stopped running water through the Roberts Tunnel. That means, we've got even more inflow coming into Green Mountain Reservoir. As a result, at 8 a.m. this morning (August 21), we bumped releases from the dam to the Lower Blue up another 100 cfs.

There should be about 500 cfs in the Lower Blue this afternoon.

Please let me know if you have any related questions.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if this is a silly question - should we expect to see a corresponding 100cfs spike in the Kremmling guage? i.e., more water through Gore/LittleGore?

From what I understand, that is what happens. I do not know how many, if any, diversions there are between Green Mountain Dam and Gore. There could be a couple private water rights that take out of the river, but it wouldn't be too much. So, close to what we release should show up in Gore.

If I've overlooked something, though, hopefully someone will post a clarification.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All,
Apparently, after I left work yesterday, we bumped up our releases by 50 more cfs. That means by late afternoon yesterday (August 21), we had about 550 cfs in the Lower Blue.

It does not look like there will be any changes over the weekend. For those of you thinking of making the drive, it sounds like we'll maintain the 550 cfs at least through Sunday, if not a few days more. But, to be safe, please always check the gage before you head up.

Please let me know if you have any questions, etc.

Best,
Kara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts