Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
so the put in below green mt res is pretty hardcore for a raft. it's 50ft or so, not quite vertical, with a loop of re-bar to belay your boat. lil trail for walking small boats down. definitely no place to back a trailer. i'm trying to get down there at least once this week. if you're coming up i'll help ya get your boat down the cliff if you carry my fishing pole for me. duckies + fishing poles = bad times:(
the lower blue's the last good thing flowing up here. i live at rancho del rio and i'm sick of the upper c. come run the lower blue with me!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
We have launched a 14' paddle boat and a 16' cat down there. You need a few people and you really should be prepared to belay the boat down the hill (safest way) Once down the slope you have plenty of room to rig and launch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The embankment is around 60' top to bottom. Rope and carabiner or similar to attach to the parking lot level rebar in concrete foundation remaining from one of the 10-15 or so homes that housed dam facilities workers who lived there back in the mid 1900's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,369 Posts
The Upper Blue has a "Class V put-in"

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
i'm gonna be with 1 other person in duckies. thinking about heading over around noon or so from rancho del rio.
probly gonna be back every day this week if it stays nice out.
when you thinking about heading over there??
not sure about a frame but i can ask around a bit...

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
not sure. we might not even bring rods, might just bomb down and think about a second lap. still gotta talk with my brother, but we were thinking about showing up around 1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies. So that rope attached to the rebar is a permanent fixture right? I wouldn't need to bring my own? Also I heard the take out is just as steep. Is this true? Is the main takeout Spring Creek road or are there others past there? Not sure if people go past trough road or not. Bigben...i'll carry your fishing rod if you carry my boat...for sure.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Thanks for the replies. So that rope attached to the rebar is a permanent fixture right? I wouldn't need to bring my own? Also I heard the take out is just as steep. Is this true? Is the main takeout Spring Creek road or are there others past there? Not sure if people go past trough road or not. Bigben...i'll carry your fishing rod if you carry my boat...for sure.
You need to bring your own rope, there is not a public rope left at the put in.

The take out for rafts is WAY downstream of the Spring Creek bridge at the Gore Canyon put in. Kayaks take out at Spring Creek, you can take out there but it's a bitch getting up the hill and through the gate carrying a raft.

The take out at the Gore put in isn't as steep but you still have to carry the raft/frame far and across a small bridge over a ditch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Kayaks take out at Spring Creek, you can take out there but it's a bitch getting up the hill and through the gate carrying a raft.
Who says it OK to take out rafts at Spring Creek? My understanding is that for about the last 20yrs., the private property owner that allows kayaks and duckys to take out there doesn't want rafts to take out there. Is there still a signs that says "Kayak Take Out Only" or something to that effect?

I'd love to no if the situation has changed.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've known of parties who paddle rafted and carried the raft out at spring creek, not saying it's legal. I'm unsure of the signage, haven't run the LB in a few years.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts