Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The very frustrating fact is that the gauge is not working for this stretch. Dave Frank told me there is another more accurate gauge, but I am not finding it. Bottom line, it was a solid flow yesterday morning and working to reach into what I would think will be medium high by today.

If anyone lives in/around Boulder, it's tough to beat this run, especially if you want to spice it up a tad and run that upper rapid just above the actual "blue bridge". Class IV at it's best (if you cut out the above rapid!)...

One of my all time favorites for sure. You will find me on this run every other day while it's up. Other days will be mixing in various other front range classics.

Git sum...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I think 500 is a good min fun level for the middle section (blue bridge - 4 mile). 450 is still ok, but not as fun. I hear some sickos this year did it at like 200 cfs, which seems ridiculous to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Wood situation is good. Nuisance wood only. Going to cut some of the danglers out of the lower run today

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'd probably be keen on running this tomorrow and perhaps after that. It seems like this is going to be the prime week for Boulder Creek.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've gotta be done by 6:30 and I likely can't get out of work until 5:30ish, so I may just run some laps at the park. I'd probably be in for a lap on wednesday or thursday evening, though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
kevin,
let me know if you are going tomorrow...I'd like to get on it while the water is good but I don't remember the lines on the dams

·
Registered
966 Posts
I hear some sickos this year did it at like 200 cfs, which seems ridiculous to me.
Thankfully, I've been able to recalibrate my personal gnar-scale down enough to have been enjoying lower boulder creek for the last couple of weeks at around 250-300....

Ridiculously yours,
Sicko-B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts