Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to buy good block ice in southern Colorado, Durango, Cortez, etc? I have a trip down the SJ and would like to get some decent ice on the way. Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hopefully someone knows of a good source in southern Colorado for you, but if you are driving through Moab, that is the best ice that I have been able to find. It is actual blocks of hard ice, as opposed to the crappy compressed ice cube blocks, that ready ice sells in the grocery stores near me. I always hit up City Market in Moab on the way through, when I need ice that will last, since it is on the way for me.
Good luck, enjoy the Juan!

·
Definite maybe
785 Posts
I find that it's best to bring my own. Get a block a few days early and put it in the deep freeze. Very few places have really cold ice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's been a few years, but I was able to find block ice at the City Market in Cortez. Last year our shuttle group came back from Mexican Hat with block ice they picked up at the gas station there. Not Valle's, the gas station across the street. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I 2nd city market in Moab

·
Registered
430 Posts
Southwest Ice provides all the block ice to most the gas stations and grocery stores in the area, so just about anywhere in Durango will have quality block ice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts