Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for beta on BLM (read: free) camping between GJ and Delta, close to the river would be nice, or maybe on the Uncompahgre between Delta and Montrose.

While we're at it, how about some info on the Potholes? Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
camp

hey ebaker - i'd just check the gazeteer and look for forest or blm land - you should be able to find a place no problem. i often camp right off the river at the fruita exit (go south from 70 and turn right and cruise thru housing develp - roads on right or left), but if you're going to delta, there is plenty of nat. forrest access off hwy 50 - one could easily throw down off escalante canyon (turn right about 20 miles past whitewater at the escalante sign - good climbing there too) or cruise up 141 (turn right at whitewater) - there is definately a road (probably many roads) that is on your left that goes into nat. forrest right before unaweep canyon (right before the cliffs - ps - good climbing there also) - this road goes up in elevation (more tree shade) - you'll see lots of 4 wheelers/motoheads cruising up there.

in any case - i'd just cruise and keep your eyes open for roads, and you'll find a nice spot easily - have fun - S

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Steve. That's kinda' what my plan was, but I thought I'd throw it out here to see if any one had a spot that they always use. We're on our way to Telluride tomorrow and want to break up the drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts