Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
My name isn't Will
643 Posts
I'm told they are still the highest volume NRS dealer in the Salt Lake area... big enough that the NRS sales rep there basically won't let anyone else in the area compete with them. Its pretty fucked up honestly and was VERY disapointing to hear that NRS supported those lawsuit happy crooks instead of the average consumer. Things are not well in NRS world right now... a lot of rumours and shaddy stuff going on internally there with the long term leadership choosing to leave.
Well shit.

Does this mean I have to rethink my relationship with NRS?

It won't matter. I'm just one dude who takes good care of his gear so he doesn't have to replace it often. But wow. Oh well.

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canyon Coolers themselves are doing a Black Friday promotion as well...but I always say support their small town Vendors first and Good Vibes is DEFINITELY worthy of your patronage. Go for the discounted coolers and stay for their amazing overbuilt mesh goods and unique styling.
FYI- Canyon Coolers is a small town locally owned business.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
FYI- Canyon Coolers is a small town locally owned business.
For sure... I didn't mean to call out Canyon... just saying that if you buy it from your local independent dealer it benefits both the Dealer and Canyon Coolers and allows them to keep offering their wares in a place you can go have a kick and a touch before buying.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Definitely since COVID, the deals on stuff is much more limited. NRS used to do 20% off everything sitewide (including an additional 20% of clearance stuff). I looked around a bit on Friday and Monday and a bunch of the "discount" stuff was already on sale prior to Friday and no additional discounts. Not saying there were not deals, but long gone are days of getting 25% off a raft or cat at black friday / cyber Monday.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Retailers are already selling low — impossible to keep pace with this inflation without price increases being conspicuous as it is. They’re understandably going to be reluctant to cut them further.

Essentially, if the price is the same as it was 6 months ago it’s already discounted.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts