1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
My name isn't Will
642 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I thought….that maybe…guys would say ,”great deal on you favorite pfd at dicks and pussies boating good store for Black Friday woot woot.” Buddy if it’s dumb then I’ll change the subject? Telemark skiing is dumb. Ford trucks are garbage. Colorado is…
Bwahaha! Bunch of dad gum kurmudgeons I tell ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They will never get another dollar from me, nor will any of their other companies like Geartrade.
Just an FYI, GearTrade was originally owned by Backcountry alums, but Backcountry no longer has any ownership stake in the company. I think they may still sell some of their returns there. A new owndership group took control about 3 years ago. Source: my neighbor is their website manager and part owner. He's also a great guy and one of my best IK partners.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Just an FYI, GearTrade was originally owned by Backcountry alums, but Backcountry no longer has any ownership stake in the company. I think they may still sell some of their returns there. A new owndership group took control about 3 years ago. Source: my neighbor is their website manager and part owner. He's also a great guy and one of my best IK partners.
A dad-blummed communist. That’s what.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
They will never get another dollar from me, nor will any of their other companies like Geartrade.
I’m out of the loop and almost afraid to ask.. what did they do?

Reactions: huntarrr

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Oh yikes, I missed that whole deal. I’ve been in little kiddie land for nearly the last decade. Yeah, I’m pretty unlikely to reward that behavior.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Backcounty.....customer boycott likely had some influence though it's too bad there wasn't any brand pull-out as far as I can tell - that could have been a death knell to them. All the big whitewater brands and other outdoor brands are still sold via Backcountry. There must not have been enough positive marketing buzz to warrant the pull-out.....

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Backcounty.....customer boycott likely had some influence though it's too bad there wasn't any brand pull-out as far as I can tell - that could have been a death knell to them. All the big whitewater brands and other outdoor brands are still sold via Backcountry. There must not have been enough positive marketing buzz to warrant the pull-out.....
I'm told they are still the highest volume NRS dealer in the Salt Lake area... big enough that the NRS sales rep there basically won't let anyone else in the area compete with them. Its pretty fucked up honestly and was VERY disapointing to hear that NRS supported those lawsuit happy crooks instead of the average consumer. Things are not well in NRS world right now... a lot of rumours and shaddy stuff going on internally there with the long term leadership choosing to leave.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Good Vibes River Gear has their Canyon Coolers stock on clearance.
Canyon Coolers themselves are doing a Black Friday promotion as well...but I always say support their small town Vendors first and Good Vibes is DEFINITELY worthy of your patronage. Go for the discounted coolers and stay for their amazing overbuilt mesh goods and unique styling.

There should be plenty of locally owned rafting and outdoor vendors doing similar promotions for Canyon Coolers as well. JRBW comes to mind for SLC area, Down River for Denver area, I think Wet Dreams for the Colorado Western Slope and 4CRS in Southern Colorado. Not sure on the rest of the nation, but have a look at the dealer listings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts