Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Please take a moment to check out this petition for the black Canyon of the Yellowstone.
www.petitiononline.com/hydro1/petition.html
It takes very little time, the email you leave is only for verification for the Park Service if they request it, and it is a very worthy cause. These are difficult battles to fight with the entrenched bureucratic mindsets of Park officials. We need to come in strong on this to get even an inch of headway. If you disagree with the petition, please email me at [email protected] and tell me why, ask questions, make it better, call me a motherf*****, but weigh in on it. When it comes to National Parks and their waterways, your opinions matter.
Currently at 235 and growing. Spread the word. Thanks.
David Schroeder
The Hydrologic &
Headwaters Paddling Association

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
David,
Have you posted this on other boating discussion boards or yahoo groups? Can we cut and paste your post and do so ourselves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is really great. Big thanks to whoever took the time to put this together!

Why aren't there more signatures?

SK

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Bump and...

We really need more signatures. For those of you that don't know, the black canyon of the Yellowstone is a fairly easy river that many paddlers have the skills to do. And it is in a beautiful setting. This is not something just for hardcore creek paddlers.

Also, if this goes through it could potentially open up the rest of the park to kayaking. For those of you that don't know, Yellowstone may have one of the highest concentrations of rivers and creeks in the entire US.

Please!!! Sign the petition!!! It takes 2 minutes, and could equal multiple paddling trips for you and friends in a gorgeous place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I signed it too and totally suport it, but I have to agree with Lurch- how seriously will an online petition be taken? I bet you could get a lot of handwritten signatures from the 'buzz community, and it seems to me like this would be taken far more seriously and have a greater potential effect.

You could also hang out somewhere like Paddlefest and I bet get a couple hundred sigs.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sign it!

Bump!

These are legal petitions--one like this was used to get a voter initiative bill on the ballet for our last vote. They are definately serious. Sign it and send others to it. It also lends credit when discussing the matter with those in power positions, and proves to those in the fight that there are people behind them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anybody know if American Whitewater could email a link out to its membership?

It'd be nice to have a physical petition to sign this week in Silverthorne and at other boat swaps and shows.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good letter, nice tone.
Unsolicited comments.... it's Yellowstone National Park rather than Yellowstone Park, and I'd definitely put Dear Ms. or Dr. Lewis (whichever is right)... seems she's pretty high up to approach on a first-name basis.
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've emailed David Schroeder a couple times with no response. Anyone know how to get in touch with him, or where to find more information about this petition?

Cheers, SK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts