Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
just got back from the crystal dam, where they had it open to the public while they released 4000ish from the power plant and 2000 from the spillway. im uploading pics and vids, ill have them soon...

·
Registered
698 Posts
...high flows....

...canada, what trail are you talking about?....there is not really a trail for the portage...the cavecamp is under water...looked into the canyon from the north rim 3 days ago....the beach camp is under water as well....the 18ft'er is super gnarly looking with at least 30' of backwash....i don't know who has run it the highest....we accidently got a run in there 4 years back with around 2500cfs and it was very large...portaged more than normal...my boy missed one paddle stroke and ended up going under some very large rocks and we ended up hiking out the SOB...rangers gave us one cup or tea and a bowl of oatmeal....we split my last piece of gum and went back in with more gear the next day.... they had dropped it to 1000 fun loving, nearly caressing cfs.....it was rowdy at the flow we had....at 3G the 2nd ferry disappears....i have been thinking about the possiblity of putting on and sketching down to the GUNNISON TRAIL, getting out before you get walled in and "trapped"...it would be fun i THINK....short run but a quality hike out the access trail....just a thought though...i think kooksberry and rick stock ran it with a solid flow as well....a little water goes a long way in that canyon....jrRANGER420cb....

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts

big spray

under the veil

under the veil 2

scary

the put in

the gunnison dam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts