Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......well folks it's back....a bumper crop for sure.....over the head and full of berries.....it was like green cobras.....if your MONTROSE YOGA SKILLS were not up to par, you got bit over and over.....my dawn dishwasher soap layer was not enough and soon "tapped out"....the green MONTROSE COBRAS bit the face, legs, arms and hands.....i have never itched or been swollen at CAVE CAMP before....if truely allergic i would avoid the place(sorry, what a bummer).....we had a great crew.....n. carolina boys, a boulderite(who swears he is from n. carolina)....a whack job from irwin colorado, myself and a nasty little bastard from the eastern block...... jake smith, daniel, bryan, yonton, brent topper......the fishing was so off the hook, it was "on the hook"....every cast had action...daniel won the fishing derby with a 2.5 lb rainbow....all other fish were healthy browns....we witnessed a grotesque display of SICKMANSHIP when Jake smith fired up all the big ones, NEW GENERATION, and the ugly falls right at the SMOKERS LOUNGE.....intense, scary and unreal....had us all happy and shit....enjoyed the lounge and off we went....a super memorable trip with great boaters(i managed to eek out another run)....i am sure they will post pics cause i don't take any.....BLACK CANYON SEASON is on.....600-650 til the end of sept....then maybe a bump up....it still is fun at these flows....think about a real tyvek suit......the MONTROSE COBRA owns that place!!!.......CAPTAIN BLACK420CB

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks for the report Milo. Wish I coulda made that trip. Sounds like I'll wait until fall when the ivy starts turning yellow and less loaded with juice to get down there. Hope you can get another run in with me then.

PS - did you happen to see whether the ditch of muff were going?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
......yep......

[email protected], would love to watch you guys fire up that shit.....will try to do some ivy work before then....i will personally tramp the fuck out of it.....as for rapid changes, small changes to the drop below SMOKER'S LOUNGE or the 8' PINK BOULDER BOOF.....NEW RAPID collapsed a bit more as well....no real concerns for you "heavies".....1 old growth tree moved due to the 4000cfs they sent thru this spring.....we found it perched 10' up on a rock in the run-out of PILLOW MOVE.....this is directly above BALLCRUSHER.....it will move the next big flow they send thru....loads of new rock chards in the portage due to rains.... one new rock, in the river, the size of a large van in the middle of a cliffless area....must have rolled in from afar....BIGBADASSED BRENT, the rescue ranger had a crew of about 30 people doing rescue practice....i told him we showed up to rescue their asses...he got a good laugh out of it......as for the LIQUOR CABINET....looking well stocked....mexican tequila, canadian whisky, russian vodka....i think we left some n. carolina moonshine!!!......CHUKAR ROAD was in great shape....must have bulldozed it recently.....could have got a fukin corvette down there....we did have to wait 2 hrs before attempting it though.....and the cowboys....how do they wear that shit when it's that hot....don't even try to ask them to haul boats out with their horses and mules....they didn't want the cash money......maybe a gift certificate from western world world have got their attention.....now......back to ivy issues....my shit is on fire!!!....already bleeding badly from scratching....JOY......shit is spreading like the GULF OIL SPILL....."slim jim and the twins" are holding the frontline but will probably fall to the enemy by nightfall.....i expect to be woken up again @ 4-5am by the "fire"....legs look like a cromagnons' means of transport.....CROMAGNON420CB...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is Milo stable or possibly a robot that produces mad lib style posts? He scars me and yet makes me laugh. Black Canyon sounds so tempting, but it's outside my comfort zone this year... maybe next... maybe I'll go with Milo if he doesn't OD on what ever he's cooking.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

......gonna try unleaded gasoline.....an old timer told me that was the accepted remedy....."scrape it with a razor blade then use gas"...got a good laugh out of it....will actually try bleach....worst ever reaction.....i think my time is up down there................yea RIGHT.....dropping in again next weekend with light boats, dawn dishwasher soap, crack pipe, crack, some junk, my junk and oozing wounds.....for years i've wanted to see that ivy twice in a day....run that waterfall twice in a day....times a commin".....wish there was more water but it is what it is......6 hundo......i crunched the numbers again and came up with the same result....13 hrs, 2 laps.....1st run down to WARNER TRAIL(about 11 miles)....2nd run down to CHUKAR TRAIL(16 miles)......we can go twice as fast as the trip we just did.....no scout, portage minimal, jog portages, no lunch/medicinal break, charge and catch no eddies accept the ones that keep you in the game.......if we fail...ya'll can whip ME with ivy branches!!!!............DUMBLO420CB.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Check out Tecnu Poison Ivy Treatment, Poison Oak Treatment from TecLabs Inc. Great for Poison Ivy and oak. It's pricey, but having the junk get all swollen and nasty is worse.

I used to be a firefighter in So Oregon, we'd see old growth 'forests' of Oak, things with 6 inch diameter trunks, evil, evil shit. I don't get PI or PO very bad, but most people do. a COLD shower is key, the cold closes up your pores, and then you can scrub oil off w/ dish soap. Bleach, Gas, etc... is pretty bad for your skin as it absorbs, but is effective. I don't recommend it, especially on the southern real estate. it doesnt really remove the oils, but dries out you skin so they don't absorb.

The Tecnu wont get rid of it entirely, but works very well.

Why don't you folks boof of the top South Chasm Wall with a parachute, much more sporting.

sn

·
Registered
41 Posts
A cold shower with Dawn dish soap works really well, but you have to shower as soon as possible after exposure then put on the med.s

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
......cooking shit up....

.......what itch?.....yo, yo, yo, ray whad up nigga.....shamine just got busted in his head 2 times guy....shamine from 2-12 guy......gimme dat pipe pale faced negro........thanks for the advice about cooking some shit up......tell me who ism, i'll blow up his fukin prism....call it a vicious act of terrorism.......woo-trod wynne aint no one to fuck with....wo-trod wynne aint no one to fuck with......the jiza, the hiza, the old d-d-d-d-dirty bastard, the inspector deck, ghostfaced killa........woo-tang420cb

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
.......need shuttle help....

.....good shit bryan, and jake....that shit he fired up is nasty, nasty, nasty.....anybody going in the gorge this weekend?...gunny gorge that is....milo

·
Registered
790 Posts
.....good shit bryan, and jake....that shit he fired up is nasty, nasty, nasty.....anybody going in the gorge this weekend?...gunny gorge that is....milo
Milo - I think a plan might be for a few CB'ers to head to Gore. You should join us.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think the Black should be renamed to Milo's box. Now, that sounds really scary.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just go get some glucocorticoids from your local doc. It'll make your life a lot easier. If I was doing that run, I would start taking it as soon as I arrived at that portage (and continue for a few days), in an attempt to fend off the hypersenstivity that would follow.

Poison ivy sucks. Zanfil is a good OTC lotion that can be used as well. It offers the best OTC results.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
..........shuttle help....

......looking for somebody to drop a car off at chukar....we'd meet you at PLEASURE PARK or at PEACH VALLY ROAD AND CHUKAR ROAD.... we want the BLACK....you leave your car at LEROYS and take ours....save you loads of $$...of course some cold PBR, left in our car would be a great gesture.....we want a sat run....callme @ 970-275-1890.......milozadik wishecouldski 420 cb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts