Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one for this raft?

I don't necessarily want to get into a discussion about umbrella vs. bimini vs. hat vs. solar eclipse but just would like to know the technical details of a bimini fitted to this raft in case anyone has done that.

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have one on my 15.6. It is mounted to a Bighorn II frame. Went with the 8'. just measure how wide the frame is and buy it accordingly. Mine fits perfect. It stows perfect on the back tube. I went with the sunbrella material, aluminum from and plastic fittings. They have been great so far. I just put it on this year but I think it is the best piece of river equipment I have bought in a decade.

It is a no brainer. buy one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks great

Where did you get the bottom fittings?
The mount to the deck is a simple welded bracket. All from 1" flat bar. The hinge for the two arms of the bimini is made from a hacked up (on the table saw) truck mud flap from the local auto parts store. The whole thing probably cost less than $75.

·
Registered
787 Posts
+1 on the 8ft, I've seen 6ft on the 16 foot boats and they look dinky and don't cover the rower and the passengers at the same time. I put a 8ft on my 14 foot boat and it is perfect.

If you want to make your own, you can buy all the fittings needed at most boat supply places that sell biminis or search for "bimini hardware" and enjoy... I bought mine at Sportsman's Warehouse. I think I cost around $350 for the attwood frame and sunbrella fabric top. Not cheap, but totally worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Love my Bimini that I ran on my 16ft Aire Lion. One word of caution that I didn't realize until on the river...It changes where I put some small ammo cans and Pelican cases that I used to keep attached to the frame rails. The top didn't fold down so well with them on. Just a matter of relocating them was easy, but access to them wasn't as quick.

Second the 8 footer!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Get the 8 footer, and mount on slide rails if you have diamond plate or walk rails along the boat. Being able to slide it fore & aft is very nice in either rain or low afternoon sun...

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I will not go anytime without one. Perfect protection in a down pour or 100 + summer days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts