Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
364 CFS. Division

From Kara:

Tonight, June 11, after midnight, we will bump releases from Olympus Dam on Lake Estes up to 365 cubic feet per second. The increase will be made in several steps of 100 cfs each. As a result, by Tuesday morning, June 12, flows in the river at the top of the canyon should be around 365 cfs. We have had some downstream demands come on and folks need their C-BT water.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Heading up to run the big T tonight. Meeting at the viestenz smith park takeout at 6PM if you (Nathan / Josh) want to join.

Give me a ring to let us know you are in at (3o3)-907-1373. I'll getting on the road in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Also, spoke with Kara and she noted that it would be likely running tomorrow at the same flow, and then dropping down the next day, not sure how quickly it would drop down.

For what its worth... I put a lot more stock into running today, than hopefully running tomorrow!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the gauge: Detail Graph

I'm hoping for an after work run tomorrow, meeting at the dam store at 6. Not sure if we'll do below gnar down or Idylwilde down. Probably dam down.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've ran it some 80-100 times and only 5 or so were over 250 and I've never gotten a crack! Those chunky things the water flows around are called rocks...you should go around them!

·
Registered
356 Posts
My boat might also want to die, I'm sure if I had a New boat i would be alright, instead of a 13 month old icu patient.
Big T is a great run, and I am a genius with a heat gun, the probability is high I will be back in there this week.
Last year, I thought Black Rock was too low at 600cfs, so go figure.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Can we not bump threads that say "such and such" is running if it's really not. We all know gannon has never hit a rock at 1/10th of minimum flow on all runs on the front range and it's impossible to crack a boat, but for those of us back here on planet earth it's annoying to see a post about something running when it's not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts