Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I've been watching the Big T threads for a week and I can't take it any more.
I'm a class 4 boater who's ready to push it a little further. Sounds like there's some good 4-plus stuff (and more? class Vs, right?) going off on Big T right now.
I want to try it (at least the 4-pluses, maybe not the absolute hair).
Would anybody be willing to show me the way on Big T on Wednesday if it's still running? (I can't get up there before Wed.)
I haven't done class 5 yet but I'm pretty solid and up for a challenge and pretty gung-ho about doing this run (drove past it a few weeks ago and it looked sweet) -- so hopefully I won't be a yard sale and you won't have to clean up after me!
If anybody can go on Wed., give me a ring at 719-930-1634.
Thanks much.
-Mike G.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm not sure about wed, but a good run if the water is 350 or above is from right below the last class V until Drake. It's got two IV+/V- drops in it and a lot of easy fun boogie water. I'll call you if it looks like I can go wednesday.
Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mike:

I ran I Saturday and would say it is a continuous IV for the first hour (not sure miles). I think I can run it Wednesday. I just need to be back in Denver by 6:00 PM.

John
720-273-8636

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've got all day wednesday off. I'll be there if the water holds. In the meantime I've been a major geek lately (what's new!) and finished up a description in AW for the Lake Estes to Drake section of the Big T.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/4385/

If anyone wants to help me with pics or beta of the Drake to Canyon Mouth stretch, I've never run it but now is as good of time as any to tick that one off the to-do list! PS, if you want to add some pics of the upper section you are more that welcome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brian:

Mike and I are meeting at the take out, under the big pipe at the canyon mouth, at 10:00 AM tomorrow if you want to meet us. Or anyone else for that matter.

JP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts