Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Big Sur is getting close. Anyone have a report of it's condition? I'm thinking it will be in this week.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That sounds right to me. Need about 20k. At 20k you want a fast boat. Above 24k or so, it'll surf a houseboat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Took a visual today at 17,700. Not there yet but close. Two rollers open.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
346 Posts
Parking is at the exit headed eastbound just past the roller dam and before the tunnel (Beavertail). Obey the parking signs as they will ticket. If you are coming from the west you need to use the powderhorn/Hwy 65 exit. You need to go south on 65 a ways to get back on I70 east bound.

The way the weather is this could turn out to be big tease. As mentioned, really the best when it starts breaking 20k, but there is usually surf-able stuff at 18.5+ if your local.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
To get back on I-70 west bound, there is an unofficial on-ramp between the guardrails on the north west side of the overpass.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Any on hand Beta would be great. 17900 on the gauge and has not moved. Flash Flood advisory in effect for the area. Just got notification.
Would love some eyes on it before i drive down.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the update! Keep them coming.

I'm in ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1434087441.600259.jpg Glenwood and the wave here is in great shape but I am looking forward to some Big Sur action...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Big Sur

I might head over Wednesday for a daytime session. Let me know if you want to meet up Peter.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here is a photo from 7:00 a.m. this morning at 19.3k a good friend sent over. Not quite there yet but should continue to bump today with all the rain spikes from up stream. Eagle jumped about 700 cfs last night!

Figure it may drop off a few days as the sun makes up time in the high country but hopefully i am wrong and it continues to spike.

Never gonna throw it down here like folks do in Glenwood, the surf here is all long and so chill.

ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1434118619.851697.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts