Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, looks like we'll be getting some major snow tomorrow and tuesday (especially southwest co). Anyone out there gonna take advantage? I can't get off work until FRIDAY so hopefully there's still a few flurries left by then. :p

So, the rest of you snow vultures are gonna have to hit it on tuesday and wednesday and tell your epic fairy tales on here.

And, for crying out loud, post some pics so us snow starved children of the mountains can see how deep and lovely this gnar pow is.

Happy riding everyone, hopefully this is the start of many, many pow days!

·
Registered
51 Posts
So far, the hill still sucks.

Vail reported 3" this morning, and has seen snow fall all day.

Just did a few runs. Still not worth it yet. Too many people with too little terrain.

Hopefully we will see snow all week. Otherwise, eh.

I do wish I could hit up southern Co. though.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far, the hill still sucks.

Vail reported 3" this morning, and has seen snow fall all day.

Just did a few runs. Still not worth it yet. Too many people with too little terrain.

Hopefully we will see snow all week. Otherwise, eh.

I do wish I could hit up southern Co. though.....
Yeah, southern is under a BLIZZARD warning right now so they should be gettin puked on right about now. Web cams are looking like a white out...

I'm heading to Crested Butte thursday night so hopefully it stays continuous throughout...

We definitely need some coverage so these damn mountains can start opening up the fun terrain... Keep the snow posts coming fellas!

(And keep doing your snow dances in front of your mirrors at home - practice makes perfect! :)

·
no tengo
1,878 Posts
Welcome to the Wolf Creek Web-site!

Wolf Creek is celebrating 70 years of epic powder skiing this 2009 - 2010 with more events and programs than ever!

CDOT WILL BE CONDUCTING AVALANCHE CONTROL WORK ON THE WEST SIDE OF WOLF CREEK PASS STARTING AT 6:30AM TOMORROW MORNING (DECEMBER 8TH). THE PROSPECTOR GRILL WILL BE OPEN AND SERVING BREAKFAST FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COME UP BEFORE THE CLOSURE.WE EXPECT THE ROAD TO REOPEN MID-MORNING.

Wolf Creek is reporting 32 inches in the last 48 hours - conditions are excellent with deep powder skiing!

This Wednesday, December 9th, is Local Appreciation day with special rates of $31.00 for adults; seniors and children are $18.00 - no ID is required!
(edit) you know where I will be wednesday.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The storm is underway up at 7600 ft NE of Durango. Blew 8" off the driveway... and the serious part of the storm isn't getting here 'til tonight.

Attachments

·
The storm is underway up at 7600 ft NE of Durango. Blew 8" off the driveway... and the serious part of the storm isn't getting here 'til tonight.
Is that your back yard? You lucky dog!;)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Don't have to mow the backyard, and that's a very good thing. Not that that's an issue right now!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Whats really sad is that Im walking home through 8ish" of snow, but the resorts dont have half that yet...(this is in Gypsum mind you)

Hopefully we get something here.

I really wanna hit up wolf creek. Looks like so much fun!

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
We have faired pretty well over the last couple of days in BV...as of now I think we have got more than Cottonwood or Monarch out of this storm:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Craziness NE of Durango. Looks like a scene from "Fargo." At least 18" since 5 pm yesterday and currently dumping. And now, a crappy photo that I've titled "Snowpile Formerly Known as Subaru."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Love the pics. After such a weak start, winter is under way!

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^^ Vail and Beav only claiming 2"...Keystone and Breck, 0...

Good times too, found out as I got stuck in the driveway that my 4 wheel drive doesnt work...Awsome.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Snow day!

So i lucked out this morning and got a 4:45 wake up call saying that school was canceled and I didn't have to report to work today. SNOW DAY! After looking at the snow report, i decided to hit up the local mountain, Sunlight. 13" reported and there was WAY more than that on top. Got to the parking lot about 8:45 and there were about 10 cars in the parking lot - literally! Soft, fluffy powder all day and abundant everywhere - some drifts past my waist! GREAT to finally have a pow day!

Here are the other pics i posted....

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=7

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
...as of now I think we have got more than Cottonwood or Monarch out of this storm:
When I went up to Monarch yesterday they were only reporting 5 inches, today it is 15...but with the blizzard conditions it varied from 6" to 3', and they got some more terrain open. Here is a couple of pics from before my camera battery went dead:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts