·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geeet some boys and girls!!!!

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
Sweet, been wanting to get on that again for a while!

I don't think I've got the huevos anymore to run the big stuff at that level, but it'd be fun to watch!

·
Registered
160 Posts
WWPR

Come on up - we aren't running the gnar. just the 8 miles below to the park. A lot of fun & a lot less stress.

Trying to meet at 1:30.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Cough cough....Had to call in sic to work. I just couldn't make it :wink: So 1:30 at Drake across from the mail store? Or are you doing the main section down to te park?

Let me know ASAP Gannon 970-817-1639!!

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
I ended up running the GNAR up here in Dumont instead. Yeah... I even made it through the new playpark without swimming... I'm a really good kayaker.

Has Kara or anyone given an idea how long it'll hold?

·
Registered
769 Posts
The spike is not a gauge quirk. Lots of water in the big T today. Everything was clean; we skipped the gnar section, though cannon shot looks like it was just a flume. Big way to start the day though. The double drop above drake was probably a V at this level, with IV-IV+ boogie water all the way through. Our group had one out of boat experience that was mopped up surprisingly quickly, considering how fast everything was moving. Some BIG holes in there. I had half a back loop in my Pure at one point. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think its going to run tomorrow and maybe for several days. Inflow to lake estes on the big T is upwards of 1200 cfs now, and they are only taking 550 out with the tunnel. The rest gets passed through to the river. The big T above lake estes looks like its on track to get bigger tonight than it did last night. Unless they start pulling more water through the olympus tunnel, the big T could be running higher tomorrow.

Took a romping stomp down the big T from below the gnar to the park today. So much fun! 750 was a great level. High water wave busting and hole punching for miles...

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
God I love the Big T. Something strangely special about that run, even though it's not especially hard (below the Gnarrrll). I spent the day rigging gear for the polar opposite of the Big T - family trip down the San Juan. <Sad Face>. Enjoy, boys & girls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts