Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up with the BS I was up there last weekend and the river is flowing great but the gate is locked of course! Anybody know anything?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check this URL for road status (Long Draw Rd., the last one on the page):
http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/conditions/forest-roads/clrd/index.shtml

No one seems to ever know when they will open Long Draw access, but hopefully soon. Things are pretty dry up there so I have a feeling they may open the road sometime over the next 2 weeks.

It is running right now and may not be for very much longer.

We paddled it this past weekend starting from Poudre Lake, RMNP. This adds a total of 9 miles to the run, and 4 of those miles included hiking through snow and brush. We did it as an overnight. It is beautiful up there and well worth the extra effort in my opinion.

Check the Alerts section for wood report. Also, I heard it came up a foot since we were in there a couple days ago. Meaning there could easily be new wood in places since the weekend.

Hope this helps and pray that they open the road soon!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Frenchy, you guys going back up there this weekend? I'm not afraid of hiking if the gates still closed.

Also, don't think I'll be around for Sonar Cup V this season. I'm going to be OTC (Off The Continent) for all of July. Ian is going to have to take the reins.

F

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Frank, I'll be in Chicago for a wedding this weekend and haven't heard of anyone heading up to the BS this weekend. Sorry to hear you won't be around for Sonar, although chances are we could most likely do it in June..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey, I'd be up for a big south trip the weekend of June 19-20th or 26th-27th. If the road is open by then great, if not a self support hike in sounds pretty fun also.

Give me a call 988-5502

Cheers

Leif

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll give you a ring. I might be able to rally 1-2 more paddlers, but not sure yet.

Anybody know what the level is at?

Frank

·
Registered
112 Posts
just called the Forest Service. Long Draw road is open right now, but they said only because somebody opened it. they didn't think it was a FS employee either. anyways, they weren't sure if they were gonna go up and close it or say screw it and leave it open, but for the meantime, it's OPEN!

can anybody get a visual confirmation on this sometime this week?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weekday run?

Hey if anybody wants to do a weekday run give me a call. Ive never done it but definately want to get on it. Russell 828 612 3991

·
Registered
805 Posts
Can this be true? Please...Please, Please Please! Can anyone verify this. Anybody up for tommorrow, Wed. Frenchy?
Evan J[/img]

·
Registered
465 Posts
Going in tomorrow. I spoke with someone earlier today who got confirmation from a reliable source at the Forest Service that the gate will remain open for the remainder of the season. The whole thing sounds pretty shady, so we're holding our breath and planning to go tomorrow in case they decide to shut 'er down later this week.. Evan, call me!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Looking to get up to big south tommorrow (wed). If anyone is interested give me a call @ 303 579 8563. Thanks,

Alex

1 - 16 of 16 Posts