Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Will this hold? Why the release? I missed it due to the shoulder at the beginning of the season. Be great to have a second chance since healing up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Hey Bryan, I might be down for a run either sunday or monday. If big south doesn't hold I'd be up for Gore.

Give me a shout!
-Patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Anybody seen the rock gauge for the big south? Ran the lower half at about this release with more natural flow and about 1 mark on the rock, and it was pretty damn low. Fun, but low (2 cracked boats low!).

I saw the release and was thinking about cracking my boat a bit more... Hmmmmmm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Just got of the phone with the operators of long draw res. They will be cutting back to 37 cfs tonight at 9PM. Running 37 cfs for a couple weeks, then dropping down to a raging 5 cfs. Today is the last day... Bummer. Wish I could have gotten out there again.

They are a private company sending water for irrigation. I asked it they would be willing to work out any deals for flow releases... The answer was NO. Never hurts to ask...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
So, does anyone have an educated guess as to when the effect of the closing will get to Pineview? I'm guessing that a Friday evening run is out of the question and unfortunately I can't see the dang rock from Laramie. :)

Thanks,
Deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Last weekend the water was turned up on Friday. None of the water made it to the Narrows or the rock until Sat evening. So, a lower run maybe possible. Wouldn't want to miss the bubble though.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top