Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BIG SOUTH!!!! Good news, bad news, maybe news
Good news: the Big South still has plenty of water (Slideways on7/2/14)
Bad news: The Long Draw road is closed (same day)
Maybe news: I talked to a logger coming out of the Long Draw Road and he said they were done up there on the 4th. The maybe part is.... The Forest Service was going to open the road on Monday after the 4th. I'd take this last bit of news with a grain to several tons of salt. Call the FS today and ask before you plan on it. An aside: Joe Wright and Spencers are big and good to go.
Happy 4th of July from beautiful downtown Walden Colorado!
ps if logging equipment can run up and down the road it must be dry enough.

psss go look at the photos section for a couple of shots
:confused:

·
Registered
929 Posts
As of 12 noon today the road is still closed. They are trying to get it opened today. I will call back a little later, and the lady I spoke to said she will update the website immediately when she has new information, but said I could still call back. Extremely polite for someone who has been hounded about the status all day.

She also said that trucks will still be working up there so be careful, only two campsites at LD will be available, and it will be shut down again in August.

I will call back later and give an update so you all don't have to bug them about it.

Later

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
I bet an empty logging truck driving in could carry a lot of kayaks.

·
Registered
770 Posts
As of 12 noon today the road is still closed. They are trying to get it opened today. I will call back a little later, and the lady I spoke to said she will update the website immediately when she has new information, but said I could still call back. Extremely polite for someone who has been hounded about the status all day.

She also said that trucks will still be working up there so be careful, only two campsites at LD will be available, and it will be shut down again in August.

I will call back later and give an update so you all don't have to bug them about it.

Later
You're doing god's work

·
Registered
929 Posts
As of 3:45 pm the road is still closed as far as the office knows. The lady said they still hope to have it open today, but to call back tomorrow to check. I guess the only way to know between now and tomorrow morning is to call right before they close (5:00) or the website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts