Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a line on when the gate's going to open to Long Draw. Is it the typical July 4th weekend? Isn't there some website that I once bookmarked but lost that offers this information? Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I called the ranger district this morning and the person I spoke to said that the last they heard it "might be open by July 7" but "definitely not" this weekend...

Canyon Lakes Ranger District
2150 Centre Avenue, Building E
Fort Collins, CO 80526
970-295-6700

·
Registered
435 Posts
I called the ranger district this morning and the person I spoke to said that the last they heard it "might be open by July 7" but "definitely not" this weekend...

I was afraid they were gonna' do the same thing as in 2011. Fingers crossed for July 7th opening...or even the next weekend. What's the flow report on the rock?

·
Registered
770 Posts

Canyon Lakes Ranger District
2150 Centre Avenue, Building E
Fort Collins, CO 80526
970-295-6700
Damn....

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Talked to the FS and confirmed. The 7th is the earliest. They are "hoping" for the 7th. Could be later. Not cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was there today and the gate is still locked, but we paddled/hiked in to run prime time down through spencer heights and it was worth it! Hopefully the gate'll be open by monday

·
Vendor
124 Posts
6.5 just below the top of the rock basically. High side of medium.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts