Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey Bill... Got a call from Darren and heard you were in town for a few days. I was the other guy that did Pinch/Glade that day. Can never tell you enough thanks for that run. What a great time that was.

If you want solid Beta regarding Big South... Get in touch with Frenchy. He owns/operates MountainBuzz and can be found in the memberlist. The Big South is his hometown run and he ALWAYS knows what going on with it.

If I am not mistaken the only way you are going to get into it now is to do some beefy hiking, but again he will have the info you are looking for.

Crawdad

·
Registered
463 Posts
As of memorial day the big south was at 2.6ft on the gage with long draw road closed. Joe wright was running however heard reports that the water was turned off this week.

With this new storm it has been snowing heavily up on the pass and generally unpleasant. Hope this helps,

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow, I don't know about solid beta, but I'm pretty certain that Long Draw road will not be open for a few more weeks. Sometime in early July would be my guess. They like to wait until all the side roads and camp sites have completely melted off before opening the gate. Someone will most definetly post a message here as soon as the gate's unlocked. Check back in a few weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts