Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friends photo page of a day at the Tan wave. Good fun and one of the best spots in Japan. Some of the pics I took, including the cool water shot towards the end. The redhead is me :O).
Maya

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks fun- but is it cool too? The one wave looks like the Kona wave. Where is it? Is it cold there now?

missing Japan,
jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good fun

The wave is really nice. At good flows it is nice and retentive without being scary. You can really pull off some good moves.
The Konno wave is in Nagara, this wave is in Yamagata. Really nice...but oh, oh so cold.
Cheers.

P.S. Hiro says hello.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK-- thanks for clearing that up. Where is Yamagata? Most of my trips to Japan have been in hot weather. Hey back to Hiro- remind everyone there is an international squirt fest at the Jimicup on the Ottawa in July- OK?

thanks,
jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yamagata

http://www.jinjapan.org/region/pref/yamagata.html

You can get a good idea of where Yamagata is by looking at the above link.

I'll be sure to tell everyone about it the competition:O). When are you coming back to Nippon??

Last weekend, the last competition of the Japan's kayak season, the Christmas Cup, was held. Playboaters, creekers and slalom kayakers participated in the downriver race in Mitake. Good times all around. I'll post the picture link in a week or two.

Stay tuned next week for a surf upate from Chiba, Japan...

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK- I saw the map- I'm not sure I've ever paddled there. I was just on the Saikawa on this last trip- south of there I 'spose. The Christmas Cup sounds fun- any idea on how Motoko Ishida did? (slalom)- she's my champion. No word on when the next Squirtogether is yet- usually in the fall. What are you doing there- playing?

jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics from Christ. cup

I`m over here doing a year-abroad. I usually attend CU at Boulder, Colorado. My school is really easy so I spend every weekend on the river and usually the weekday nights either swimming or at the climbing gym. Hard life, eh? ;o).

My friends new photo album is up, all 300 odd pictures worth. As before half taken by him and half by me.

http://marsyas.maxs.jp/island/gallery/albums.php

There are pictures of the winners toward the end. Your friend might be in there:O).

Hows the water in your area by the way?

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I checked a lot of the photos and didn't see Motoko. You might run into her sometime- she lives north of Nagoya a bit. She paddles rodeo and is maybe the best all around female squirt boater in the world- imho. The water is great here in northern WV. The water table is way plump. I just got a sweet solo snowy trip down my favorite creek today- so I be grinnin. The Cheat is high and the New never even got close to low for 15 months now.
So- do you have hosts? Are you driving? I COULD NOT drive over there.

Merry Christmas-

jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts