Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this on boatertalk and received a good response just thought Iwould ask here to: Whatwould be a good creek boat for someone 6' 2" 230lbs. low volume technical creeks. I have a Z and of course thought a Y, but have been looking at the Huka, Nomad, Embudo, Gus, Solo......etc.
what about a Gradient , and some other older designs, which would be cheaper :lol:
Thanks - MT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'-2" 195 lbs, I paddled a CFS for two years and really enjoyed it. Like anything else it has its good and bad points. It is the roomiest boat I've ever been in and excels at low volume, high gradient runs. It's biggest drawbacks for me were its lack of speed which tends to make it hole bait, and the way the cockpit combing comes so close to the back of the seat I couldn't get any gear in it. I then switched to an embudo which is on the opposite end of good and bad scale. It was too small for me to get comfortable, yet performance wise it is a good boat. I recently started paddling the Nomad 8.5. this boat seams to correct all the problems I had with the CFS and retain the good points as well. It is fast, roomy, punches holes, and performs well in both high and low volume situations. I recommend trying one out. The other boat you might want to try is the Gus. I know many big paddlers swear by that boat.

Garrett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts