Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the rafting scene and was wondering if my dog will tear up my tubes/floor if he walks/jumps around on it. He is a hefty 75 pounds. Would like to take him on a trip with fam but don't want to shred my raft.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've taken my friends 100+lb dog and my 60lb dog on my raft and have not had any issues with their claws tearing or even marking the rubber.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
If anybody's got any ideas on how to keep him from stumbling out of the boat, I'm all ears.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
100 pound malamute. I have a rubber pickup liner scrap that I cut to fit my rear compartment just so she can keep her balance and have something to grip. I have no fears about her doing damage, other than if there's a bunch of sand on the PVC. Something for paws to grip will take care of the boat and your dog. Some folks use something called "Polymax" -do a search.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Labs rule. This is my real boy. Acquired from mtnbuzz in 04...I'd be interested to know if any of his siblings are out there.

Here he is, the Sheriff of Poudre Canyon, 97lbs of pure love. I promise he does more than sleep too, actually a famous Big-mountain ripper.

Attachments

·
Shapp
1,823 Posts
river dogs

Mans and Womans best freinds love the river too

Attachments

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
If you have any concerns, you could just make sure to clip their nails too. Our girls have nails that grow faster than weeds and get like spears (even with lots of walks and a huge yard with dog door). I've even filed them smooth and round after trimming once, when Hazel had a wound that needed some protection from that back foot scratching. But, in the end, the raft is really for the dogs!:)

Hazel rides the gear pile, Lila prefers the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Big dogs take up too much space and they slobber all over everything. Their turds are ENORMOUS and their claws hurt you and damage your gear when they are flailing around on your raft.

Take your big dog to the pound and trade it for a REAL river dog, a native of old Mexico: The Chihuahua.

Attachments

·
Adventurer
266 Posts
Big dogs take up too much space and they slobber all over everything. Their turds are ENORMOUS and their claws hurt you and damage your gear when they are flailing around on your raft.

Take your big dog to the pound and trade it for a REAL river dog, a native of old Mexico: The Chihuahua.

Looks like fish bait to me! LOL That dog falls in & it's hypothermic in 2 seconds. Put it in an ammo can, it looks cold!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just bought an electric nail grinder at Petco for $25. This thing is awesome, no chance of going to deep, rounds the edges nicely, wont crack the nail either.

Keeps my hardwood floors from getting destroyed too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts