Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but what is up with all of the cameras in the canyon? They are all over the place. Every class V rapid has a camera! Are they cdot cameras that the public can access? Will any of them stream live video so you can watch your buddy get beatdown from the comfort of your home? Who is operating these, and for what purpose?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Whatcha trying to hide Ken? Can we point a camera at my hole? I hope it wasn't ruined by this ice dam breach.

·
Super Moderator
2,848 Posts
one is right at Rigor, but the tall rock is probably blocking the main line, even if you could get it pointed towards the river. The CDOT map does not show any of the cameras in that canyon yet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kevin, while there are no cameras pointed at your hole, there is one just downstream at the take out for Lower Clear Creek, so, perhaps that one will be able to capture any boaters' leftovers that drain from your hole.

·
Super Moderator
4,207 Posts
I think it's so the next time they get a call about a boaterless boat floating down they will be able to say, "Not to worry, we already know Ian Foley's on the creek today..."

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
The cameras are there to capture pp on their cell phones in the canyon driving off the road and into the creek.
Call me crazy, but ever since they "improved" the wireless signal in there, there sure has been a proliferation of cars in the creek...
Its the phone zombie apocalypse.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Even the CDOT guys know that when I swim, I self rescue in an eddy with all my shit, so there has to be another explanation.

A permanent camera on Kevin's hole to get a seasons worth of carnage would be a great idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts