Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up my 1998 14 ft hyside. I am wondering if there is a better glue to use that will really stay on like it's part of the boat? Also does gorilla glue have anything out that maybe comparable?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was using something else. I've had a hard time with the patches staying on when they get beat on by the desert sun.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shore adhesive is good for Hypalon; StaBond is better

The most important aspect is the freshness of the glue- should be less than a year old, and not stored below freezing

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Shore adhesive is good for Hypalon; StaBond is better

The most important aspect is the freshness of the glue- should be less than a year old, and not stored below freezing
I've had problems with patches pealing using both of these glues. I quit having any problems once I switched to using Cliftons Hypalon two part adhesive from NRS. Like Randy suggests, save yourself some headaches and go with the good stuff. Make sure you prep it right. The NRS website has full instructions. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was using something else. I've had a hard time with the patches staying on when they get beat on by the desert sun.

Don't blame me, I'm Irish.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used Stabond on my Hyside back in 2002 or '03, when I got it, to put on more d-rings. Followed Hyside's instructions. No problem with them since then.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the beta. I am gonna buy a kit from Hyside. Does Hyside give deals to guides?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured they don't. Haha

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nobody cares that you are a river guide. I wash dishes and nobody cares about that either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dumb Question

No such thing as a dumb question!!

Yes, we do give deals to guides!

Send us your paystub or get your boss to email us to vouch for your employment and presto, you get wholesale pricing on gear and boats. It's that simple.

Call us to discuss!

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts