Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Will be in Steamboat Springs this weekend skiing but was looking for beta on playing the Yampa while I'm there. Ideal levels? Are the features even in right now? Does anyone want to join me? Trying to figure out if I should bring my skis AND my playboat!!!:p

Thanks!

Jenny

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Definitely in and fun, good level for getting comfortable and drilling. There are people playing most afternoons right now. I am not a good playboater but can still get fun surf and spins in on the C hole right now. D hole was about the same but needs a bit more water. I would say bring it and plan on boating - closing weekend joy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thank you! If anyone knows they'll be there at a certain time, let me know I always try to NOT be the only person on the river. I am stoked to possibly get some runs in on the hill and river in the same day!

Jen

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll be frank. The mountain looks like shit and the river's pretty nice right now (for beginning of April, anyway). Save a couple hundred bucks on passes and just go boating instead.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'll be frank. The mountain looks like shit and the river's pretty nice right now (for beginning of April, anyway). Save a couple hundred bucks on passes and just go boating instead.
I bet you could extend that statement to all of Colorado's mountains probably look like shit right now. It hasn't been too great a spring for the snow to say the least. At leas the snowpack built up somewhat earlier in the year.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I will be on river and on mountain this weekend. Town run was great last night and all kinds of boaters out. Suppose to get some weather today/tonight, but nice this weekend.

If it stays warm, I will be ripping bumps this weekend on mtn. Nothing beats warm slushy mogul skiing in the spring.

You may still be able to get a 3 day lift ticket for around $120. Hit up river in morning, ski afternoon, apre beers (or vice versa)!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still going to chance the skiing. I got three days of free lift tickets so I'm not really losing out on anything. Also going with a girlfriend who doesn't kayak so I'll try both. Pretty flex for the weekend.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mountain got 3 inches. Problem is that 3 inches is now covering the frozen slush from the last week and all the boney stuff. May be go though by sat when it warms up some.

·
Registered
610 Posts
http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2015/apr/09/early-season-ice-crust-might-have-salvaged-steambo/?utm_source=yampavalleyvip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailyemail

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Made it from Colorado Springs. All settled in and did a recon of C & D this afternoon. Tomorrow's plan is ski in the morning then head down in the afternoon. I'm in a multicolour Pyranha Jed with a wasabi green Shred Ready helmet.
Thanks for the replies!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts