Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buzzards: I am going camping with another family this coming week at Flaming Gorge and I have never been there in all my years in Western Colorado. So the question is should I bring the 14ft. NRS raft to float? Are there day trips and what are the put-ins and take-outs? Are day permits required? Etc. any help or references to info. would be appreciated.

:D

DangerDave

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Buzzards: I am going camping with another family this coming week at Flaming Gorge and I have never been there in all my years in Western Colorado. So the question is should I bring the 14ft. NRS raft to float? Are there day trips and what are the put-ins and take-outs? Are day permits required? Etc. any help or references to info. would be appreciated.

:D

DangerDave
Take your boat, fishing rod, no permits needed, get on line and reserve camp sites. If your are in to floating and camping no permit needed, just sign up and pay for camp site on b section for a two day one night float and camp or even more days..
E mail me if you want more info, but everything you need is on the web if you search flaming gorge, dutch john, green river section a, b, c..

·
"Just Read and Run Baby!"
77 Posts
They do require that you have a trailer to launch your raft. You can't inflate your boat and rig on the launch ramp. There is space to the side to tie up your boat and finish rigging if you need to run a shuttle. You can also use the parking lot above to rig your boat if needed. I've seen people use their car roofs to launch from as well if they didn't have a trailer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We stayed at Dutch john in a little cabin was a great place. They do offer shuttle services. River was very high shot us out like a rocket big waves tons of fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts