Mountain Buzz banner

BETA ON IDAHO

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ID Surfer 
#1 ·
Planning a trip to Idaho 3rd week in August. Anybody know how the flows are this time of year there. Is it worth going? Is there a site similar to this for checking flows?

#2 ·
Look up "dream flows" on google and/or Vince's Whitewater Page".

The north fork of the Payette will be running and it has a good III "Cabarton Run" and lots of worldclass class V- to V+.

The main Salmon will also be good, too, around Riggins (III); maybe some Hell's Canyon releases on the Snake (IV), and the Murtaugh (V?).

I'm not sure what else, but get the guidebook to the area and it'll have more info.

#5 ·
I'm sure everyone on this site is getting sick of me posting how totally bad ass the NF Payette is so just email me when you are coming and we'll giter done!! I've been seeing a bunch of CO boaters around these parts latley. In short, the best river running will be in the Payette drainage and the best surfing will be on the Main Salmon (a few hours north).

Cory
yakitup@earthlink.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.