Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for used rafts lately, it seems like used rafts are few and far between (especially here in AZ).I have checked craigslist, done a lot of Google searches with different wording, checked forums and such.... Any suggestions on where to look? I hear some people get good deals by buying older rafts from river guides, but how would you get them? Should I call local guide companies to see if they happen to have some for sale? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Out here in Colorado the local shop all have annual swap meets, a great resource. Perhaps you can find something similar in your local area. Check with the nearby outfitters, they often sell a few boats at the end of the season. I have found lot's of stuff on the Mountain Buzz swap pages.

Of course you will find lot's more used boats as you get closer to a river, perhaps a road trip to Vernal is in your future. My local want adds show a lot more boats for sale in Buena Vista, CO (near the Arkansas river) than it lists for Denver.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have been looking for used rafts lately, it seems like used rafts are few and far between (especially here in AZ).I have checked craigslist, done a lot of Google searches with different wording, checked forums and such.... Any suggestions on where to look? I hear some people get good deals by buying older rafts from river guides, but how would you get them? Should I call local guide companies to see if they happen to have some for sale? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks!
Have checked the ads on this site ?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I find the best places are usually in someone's back yard or on the side of their garage. Make sure they don't have a large guard dog, and just wait until the owners go off on vacation or goes golfing ...

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
craigslist for river towns will yield good results. Haven't bought a raft off craigs but several other things off of the boise craigslist.

In our weekly paper there are some good river deals from time to time.
mtexpress.com most other rafting towns will have a classifieds of some kind especially if they are away from a major market area for craigslist.
nrsweb.com has a trading section.

yahoo rivertrader has some good deals from time to time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
not craigs

Been there, done that. Few boats will show up on craigslist, used boats are in high enough demand they last less than a day if they make it there and are halfway reasonably priced. I have found that a few of the better raft adventure shops will spin through their gear after a couple of years. That's how I got mine, unadvertised, I called a shop in February and asked if they had any used boats for sale. They had 4, a week later, none. Also good, rafting clubs - they usually have a boat for sale page, usually empty, but stuff happens. Definitely a sellers market. But I also paid less than 1/2 for a 14ft vanguard self-bailer in great shape so it's possible.

·
Beginner
2,740 Posts
Good Times Rafting in Nathrop, south of BV, has lots of boats for sale - 14 and 16 foot rafts, duckies, frames, and gear. We'll be announcing a big sale soon. In the meantime PM me if you're looking for something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.