Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pretty impressed with the Aire Rocktabomb and Bubbabomb I picked up later last summer. Will they last? Surely seems so...and were def burly enough for some low water scrapes down Boulder Creek. Tempted to bring one on river trips in case of bowflower boredom.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have used the Star Markara on the local river here recently and had no complaints but have not used any others. Seemed to be pretty well made and a $100 less than RMR.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
We have a couple RMR 48" diminished tubes and they are great, especially the diminished design. They have a non-mesh pvc floor. Their valve is probably their biggest fault, but in reality it is not that big of a deal. Around here they are about $230. Have used them several time this summer and given how many rock they ave bumped or slid across, they barely show any wear.

We're going to be buying a couple more and are looking to try the NRS or Star. The NRS looks great as it is a pvc bladder and cover design but they don't make in with a diminished tube. The Star is a plain tube made with a pvc type material(840Dd Nylon Tarpaulin TPU) and they do make a diminished model. There is one model of Star tube that is old school vinyl that I wouldn't even consider. The NRS and Star are both about $200 and have mesh netting floors.

The real problem is what is avilable at the moment.and right now in this area that is apparently only RMR

·
Registered
369 Posts
My only complaint on the RMR is that there isn’t D rings on all 4 sides for straps g to a raft when not in use. Also summit valves suck on all inflatables. I gave away my adapter for that vale a few years ago but they make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
My only complaint on the RMR is that there isn’t D rings on all 4 sides for straps g to a raft when not in use. Also summit valves suck on all inflatables. I gave away my adapter for that vale a few years ago but they make a big difference.
Agreed that two more d-rings would be nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recieved my Star Makara, diminishing tube, yesterday. Inflated it, the same valves as my other boats, and it has 2 D-rings. I sat in it on the floor, haven't gotten it wet yet though, but overall it looks like it will work pretty well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts