Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In responding to another post on here, I started thinking what some of the best storylines and sagas that have ever been on the Mountain Buzz were. Famous and notable threads that became super epic with events and punchlines that are still relevant today.

Sagas such as:

"Bout Lost My Life Yesterday"
Zion Narrows Sandbagging
Guns At Escalante
Chunderboy
BDP
Boofington the Friendly Nudist
Photo Posting Rules

These are just a few of the ones I could think of. Any other truly awesome gems you remember that I missed? Anyone have a commentary on any of these famous events a few years later? Where is boofington these days?

·
Banned
678 Posts
holy shit, you ruined my day. Supposed to be loading the car up to go do some paddling and I can't stop reading some of this shit. Amazing!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
There are some other Grand Canyon trip offering threads that should be added as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,962 Posts
I remember a thread in which a guy came on the Buzz complaining that he'd been busted for smoking dope at a developed campground (where families were also camped) down on the Dolores and how unjust it was. The complaining kept up and he railed about the LEOs, maybe he even mentioned various officers by name, and all kinds of stuff. The prosecutor printed it all out and used it in court against the guy - I don't think it helped his case during the sentencing.

As for Boofington, he's one of the very few, if not the only, non-spammer ever banned from the Buzz (we show spammers no mercy). The last straw was when he told a long-time member that he hoped she died a horrible death drowning under an undercut.

Still miss Count - what a great person and paddler we lost. :(

...And speaking of Count, I'll nominate "The Art of Strappage" as a classic Buzz thread. Who'da thunk you could get 16 or 17 kayaks on a sedan.

Keep 'em coming!

-AH

·
Registered
786 Posts
The Guns at Escalante thread was pretty entertaining.

I'm also partial to the Slides are Wack thread because it has cool kayaking pictures.

Bout Lost my Life was cool, until I realized that Griff was actually Randaddy. It lost its luster after that.

Best mountainbuzz picture is easily the picture of the old whiteline during the poudre race with a couple boats upside down and the inflatable Lief's mom doll floating downstream.

·
Super Moderator
3,962 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm really upset with this thread. I actually have a deadline on Friday, but at lunch, looking for a quick respite from typing, I check in...2 hours latter and 129 posts into "bout lost my life" and I'm screwed...

I was finally able to give up after reading carvedog's "bout lost my avatar..." post. Couldn't read my screen any more. I have apparently missed a lot as a relative new comer... While I thank yetigoncrazy for introducing some of us to this humor, I'd have to say I wish you'd done this next week....maybe in the future you could ask if we all have time to waste before putting so much humor front and center...

What was the name of that software for those of us that lack self control?

·
Super Moderator
2,873 Posts
I was finally able to give up after reading carvedog's "bout lost my avatar..." post. Couldn't read my screen any more.
What was the name of that software for those of us that lack self control?
I had to go read and see what I had put. Not bad. I must have been drunk or something.

And that is the name of the software I use. Self Control that is.

·
Registered
287 Posts
anything from chunderboy was pure gold

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Yeah that can gobble up some time..miss the Bastard Son of Elvis' humor,Todd G's TRs,and arguing with Helio..What ever happened to those guys?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts