Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an Immersion Research Spray Skirt to go with a used Wavesort EZ that I just got. However, when I pop the skirt, the cockpit rim band catches on the thigh-brace/seat screw heads outside the kayak hull.

Being a new boater (not completely confident with my roll) this can be somewhat scary when doing a wet exit. I can no longer pop the skirt and get out. Now I have to pop the skirt, reach back and pull hard next to the thigh-brace/seat screws and the left side, repeat on the right side and then get out.

The screws seen to be in the same location for all of the newer Wavesport models so I am hoping someone else has experienced this problem? If not, what brand of skirt are you using? Will the issue go away with use (as the cockpit rim band stretches)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
skirt problem

I've heard a few folks say the same thing. I think the square rand tends to hang up a bit. I've used IR, Mtn Surf, and Snap Dragon and never had any trouble.

If you want something that won't hang up, go with Snap Dragon. By far, the BEST bungee skirt on the market.

If you want to try a diff rand, go with the Mtn Surf Dur-O-Ring EZ on.

Take your boat to your local shop, and see what works best. A good shop will want to get you in the right gear.

Good luck!

Brian J
wetvirginia.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts