Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new at this forum and looking for some guidance on where to start for booking a scenic white water rafting trip near Denver, CO. I moved to Denver couple of years ago but didn't get a chance to go on rafting trip yet. I have about 8 buddies coming to Denver from all over in the 3rd week of May and we want to include a half a day rafting trip that is scenic and simple for guys who haven't done rafting before. There are way too many websites out there, but it's hard for me to decide which location is the most scenic and within couple of hours of drive from Denver. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Most bang for the buck within two hours of Denver.....

Browns Canyon, Arkansas - Buena Vista
Royal Gorge, Arkansas - Canon City (step up from Browns)
Numbers, Arkansas - Buena Vista (step up from RG)
Poudre River - Ft. Collins

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
I have about 8 buddies coming to Denver from all over in the 3rd week of May and we want to include a half a day rafting trip that is scenic and simple for guys who haven't done rafting before.
GoodTimes has got some great suggestions but if your crew has never rafted before, I'd suggest Brown's Canyon for a full day with a soak up at Cottonwood or Mt. Princeton hot springs afterward. In late May you'll probably want to wear the wetsuits, booties, and splash jackets as the weather may be a bit chilly and the water cold.

If you're coming all the way from Denver, you may as well make a day of it.

have fun!

-AH

·
Registered
668 Posts
Three votes for Brown's! It's probably the best balance of fun vs difficulty combined with scenery IMO.

The Poudre is very scenic, but I've never actually rafted it. You could drive that before your friends come out and see for yourself (in terms of scenery).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts