Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving tonight - I've done both, but it was several years ago that I did the Kebler Pass route. Which is faster? thx

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
definetly 285.....its at least 5 to 6 hours going over kebler. thats waaaaay out of the way. 285 will take you to gunny in right around 3 hours and then its another 30 mins North to CB. way easier

·
Registered
480 Posts
Take 285 to BV and then Cottonwood Pass. When you get to Harmel's (bottom of the Upper Taylor run) go right for the Jack's Cabin cut off and that will save you time an miles on a dirt road over to the main highway in and out of CB.

I have heard some say that taking 285 to Poncha and then going to Gunny by 50 and then up to the Butte takes the same amount of time since it is all paved but I have never been able to verify that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Geezer said:
Take 285 to BV and then Cottonwood Pass. When you get to Harmel's (bottom of the Upper Taylor run) go right for the Jack's Cabin cut off and that will save you time an miles on a dirt road over to the main highway in and out of CB.

I have heard some say that taking 285 to Poncha and then going to Gunny by 50 and then up to the Butte takes the same amount of time since it is all paved but I have never been able to verify that.
This is by far the quickest way in the summer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Poncha Spring rout is about the same so you might as well take Cottonwood. But please drive slow on the downhill side.

And taylor is worth a look. class III but very fun nice short (as you want it to be) stretch. Dont stop on private property (or touch any rocks)... its against the law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts