Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best place to work as a raft guide during the summer months? I'm Looking for entertaining and classic class IV to push rubber down, and good creeking after work, plus a fun scene for partying, camping, etc. I've already worked in CO on the Yampa, Eagle, Elk, and upper Colorado for one season, three seasons in Montana, and one season in Idaho on the Payettes. Any suggestions about companies or general regions, or rivers will help, right now i'm considering the Ark, Durango, Hood river, or Alaska.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Norway, Nepal

P-Ro,

Go to Nepal. That place is the best place in the world to raft guide from the beginning of October through December. For April through September the best place with the best pay is Norway. Norway pays $75 per trip with 2-3 trips/day in the town of Sjoa, and the best creeking in the world. Nepal does'nt pay shit but its killer.

So here is your itinerary for next summer, May through September - Norway. October through December - Nepal. That will be a kick ass summer.

The Ark valley is great as well but its more of the same as what you've done. There are lots of sick places like Argentina, Uganda, Costa, Chile, Nepal etc but its hard to get paid in those places because they are only allowed to hire locals by law. I've heard tales of good pay in Mexico though.

PM me and I could at least give you a start contact in Norway and Nepal.

Plus you already live in the best town in the nation, Bozeman, MT.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't know about guiding in Colorado, but Hood River is a pretty cool place to be in the summer. You can make $200 a day on a good day guiding on the White Salmon, and there is good creeking to be had. River Drifters and Wet Planet seem to be pretty good companies out there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can make $200 a day on a good day guiding on the White Salmon, and there is good creeking to be had. River Drifters and Wet Planet seem to be pretty good companies out there.
I'd also like to add that Blue Sky also works the White Salmon and are very enjoyable to work for. Good people and nice equipment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there anything better than the Ocoee, Tennesse in the summers (and then Gauley for the fall!)? Dam released all summer and 250,000 customers. Check out Lamar at Outland!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the all the good beta guy's! Gotta love the creeking in Hood River, is there much of a guiding scene, camping, etc.? cause when I was there a few years ago it was tough to find a spot, Keep it coming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts