Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After breaking out the old school vids last night and seeing some runs of the Crystal Punchbowls, I started wondering what the best park-n-huck spot around was. I guess you need 4WD to get to the Punchbowls, but the plop-and-drop verticality is there.

Any other park-n-huck spots out there that are any good?

·
Registered
86 Posts
East

There's a big one on the East (Crested Butte) which is pretty darn close to some parking!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have to admit, I have parked, but I have not yet hucked black gore. The consensus seems to be that the first drop -- 25 footer under the highway -- is too shallow due to road gravel and it is very difficult to boof. The other ones are good to go w/ the right amount of water. I have never been there w/ enough water, but it should flow plenty well this year. It takes a little creativity to put on, but it looks like an intense and fun set of drops.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Lake Creek -

Brains to Caldron - or just Brains huckable at 100 cfs - or just the Caldron you need the same about 100 cfs - Probably the best - also you got the Paralyzer in there - very easy hike on all to do them again. All road side for very easy access. In total this short run is about a mile and a half.

IMO the Caldron is the best park and huck in the state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts