Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Newbie to the forum here. I got into rafting with my wife's family about 10 years ago, not many runs, a few day trips on the Payette in Idaho and a lot on the Rogue here in Oregon.

I just got done with my 3rd trip down the Wild and Scenic section on the Rogue, and am interested in what other rivers in the PNW would make for a good trip either with the kids and/or newbie rafters potentially. Here's the guidelines for what I've looking for...

-Must have rapids :) But nothing too crazy here, I'm thinking mostly Class II & III for the sake of the less experienced people. We've handled the Class IV's on the Rogue just fine so far (though there were some nerves on Blossom Bar last time as a couple boats flipped in front of us). But certainly Class V is way too much.

- Not too much dead water to row through, that is a drag.

- Great Scenery is a definite plus.

I've been told I basically got the best of the best with all that on the Rogue... which may mean there is no where to go but down :( But what do you guys recommend?

I'd ideally like to take a group of around 6-8 people on some multi-day floats. The group will be a mix of semi-experienced to total newbies. Rafts only, no kayakers in this group.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Lower Salmon is a great family multi-day, self permit and great views. The rapids aren't anything crazy this time of year, but the row out on the Snake sucks unless you have a motor or can make friends with the jet boaters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts