Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently got into kayaking and my day to day occupation of flat roofing happened to give me a great idea there is a caulking we use that is urethane based it actually can dry under water it will stick to anything that isn't wet it lasts on a roof for over 30 years it's around 8 dollars a tube but one tube does a 3/8 bead 24ft long I used it to patch an inflatable raft years ago that I still use today it's super tough and I can get a fabric to press in the caulk to add extra reinforcement if any one is interested I can mail them the stuff since I am a wholesaler for the product I just have to set up a pay pal to accept payment testing the waters to see if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
312 Posts
Urethane or polyurethane? I know Polyurethane sealants behave mostly as you've mentioned, like Vulken, or many other brands.

What is the brand you use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's called Conklin 360s you can't buy it in stores it's through local sales people it's like Avon for contractors

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Will it stick to mini cel foam too, or would it eat it up? I'd try this product.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I had a gash 18" long under the seat of my old Ammo. I pulled the seat and aquasealed both sides of the crack. Then I put bitchethane on both sides and then gorilla tape over both sides. I periodically refreshed the gorilla tape on the outside but that boat was still bone dry when I decided to voluntarily retire it 3 years later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mini cell foam defiantly the only thing id be weary of would be super smooth surfaces and to fix that Id just use 80grit sand paper it has no harsh solvents in it actually it smells like chocolate if any one was interested Id do a demo video for you guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts