Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best boat for throwing ends? Please respond only if you have paddled a plethora of diffenrent models.

·
Registered
499 Posts
For flatwater cartwheeling? or Hole ends? I've always had a very hard time learning to flatwater cartwheel. For some reason I do ok on a river feature. I've tried the Prijon Fever recently, it's kinda like a small LL Session done up prijon style. I can flatwater cartwheel it with ease, I've been told that if you can't throw ends in this boat you simply cannot throw ends.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
If I didn't know better I'd thought Badkins was pluggin that boat cause he has a "special" loyality to Prijon but I too paddled that boat and he is not exaggerating. It's like Butta.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wheeling and dealing

List of the easiest boats I've found to Cartwheel:

Delirious- Prijon
Luv- Prijon

XXX- WS
Ace 4.7- 5.1- WS
Siren- WS
T1- T2- with 8" tips- WS

Slick-stick- Bliss-Stick

Ultrafuge- Dagger
Id- Dagger

Session- Liquid Logic

Prozone- Pyrahna
Sub 7- Pyrahna

Amp- Perception
Shock- Perception

Boats will have different effects at different weights. They come in different sizes just like people do. Not every boat is built for you. These boats all tend to follow the same curve. The volume all starts by the cockpit and then drops quickly to a low angled low rockered bow and stern section.

Most of the newer "spud" style boats will carry the volume farther forward in relation to the length of the boat. The overall length is shorter, and the rocker is more abrupt. The effect on the kayak is different as well. The "spud" style boats tend to bounce more and when cartwheeling they bound from end to end.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I agree with Don on his list of good cartwheelers. But just like these boats opened up the world of cartwheeling to the average Joe. The "Spuds" open up the world of air to the average Joe. I would encourage you to not get a boat based on how well you can flatwater cartwheel it, because there is a whole other world out there that it is incredibly fun and only accessable with some volumne that makes flatwater cartwheels a bit more balancy.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts