Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Latitude 62! Partially because the food is good, and partially because it means I've just gotten off the Talkeetna! Truthfully, though, it's been many years...

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Dragon Treasure in Fruita CO. I never drive by without eating there.
And then there's El Tapatio also in Fruita if you like Mexican, I'm not a fan of Mexican food but theirs is top notch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Second for Ray's
Ray's is iconic and I love it but it is no longer even the best food in Green River. For that, you need to head east to La Pasadita. But whether I need to sit in A/C and drink cold beer too is the deciding factor whether I go to Rays or Pasadita.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Ray's is iconic and I love it but it is no longer even the best food in Green River. For that, you need to head east to La Pasadita. But whether I need to sit in A/C and drink cold beer too is the deciding factor whether I go to Rays or Pasadita.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion
Will be back and forth on I 70 this summer and will give it a try
I enjoy the rafting pics and t-shirts on the walls at Ray's, can even remember a few companies/organizations!

Reactions: 3d3vart

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Hey, thanks for the suggestion
Will be back and forth on I 70 this summer and will give it a try
I enjoy the rafting pics and t-shirts on the walls at Ray's, can even remember a few companies/organizations!
Fuckinawelikeitthere....

Is the last boater bar in the USA as far as I know.. I'll Always support them..

Reactions: dkingslc

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
La pesederia? Sounds messikan... Burgers and beers for this boater, at Rays thank you. The misters on the patio rock..

·
Registered
64 Posts
plus one for hot tomato pizza in Fruita CO
only problem is finding parking and getting inside cause this pizza is so good there is always a crowd waiting for service
Nobody goes to the Hot Tomato anymore, it's too crowded. :)

A couple years ago we decided to give up waiting for a spot at the Tomato. We order takeout instead and take it to the Copper Club around the corner. Copper Club has moved even closer to the Tomato, but the new taproom location is meh. First-world problems.

Breakfast at Kamille's before your launch is still highly recommended, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone ever been to Montezuma's in Dolores? You can pull up to their patio and get a great marg and street tacos!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone ever been to Montezuma's in Dolores? You can pull up to their patio and get a great marg and street tacos!
Floated past Montezuma's last weekend while doing the town run but did not stop. Won't make that mistake next time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If an after-trip Ray's is your best dinner since before Sand Wash, it's time to find someone else to plan your river meals. Great vibe, but doesn't even make the top three burgers in Green River list.

edit: staff and mgmt, however, are friendly and very kind.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Imperial River Co in Maupin is great. Either a lunch stop(tie your boat to their dock!) or a great place to stay and dine after a 3 day trip from Warm Springs. Has been a life saver on some cold, rainy trips.
Good food n drinks, nice lawn, sand volleyball courts, some dog friendly rooms.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
If an after-trip Ray's is your best dinner since before Sand Wash, it's time to find someone else to plan your river meals. Great vibe, but doesn't even make the top three burgers in Green River list.

edit: staff and mgmt, however, are friendly and very kind.
I respectfully disagree

·
Registered
62 Posts
Th Galice Resort, on the deck overlooking the Rogue
Sadly you’ll have to find a new place for that post float beer for the time being.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had an amazing burger at the Massadona Tavern after a Lodore trip many many years ago. The trip was essentially a vegan trip (dont ask) and those burgers were the best thing on earth at that time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sadly you’ll have to find a new place for that post float beer for the time being.

Just got the news yesterday, the boating community is trying to help, if any of you are so inclined:
One of our favorite riverside establishments, with over 40 years of memories for us, just burned. A trip to the Rogue will never be the same without their lovely deck overlooking the river....
Information on how to help out Galice Resort.
Galice Resort
t1iSpg0douf mnhsorrseod ·
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the outpouring of love, kindness, offers of help, support, encouragement, and condolences we have received in the aftermath of the devastating fire. Never before has our Motto been more true: Galice is just Galice until you add the people, then it becomes the "EXPERIENCE!"
We are humbled by your generosity. Below is a link for a GOFUNDME Page (the only one) to help in the interim. If you are local and would prefer to go to Evergreen Bank, there is an account set up for Galice Resort. Your words and offers of support have warmed our souls. We are so very grateful and feel utterly blessed by this River Community full of love.
Galice Resort - #galicestrong, organized by Miranda Aschoff

GOFUNDME.COM
Galice Resort - #galicestrong, organized by Miranda Aschoff

21 - 40 of 42 Posts