Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several places I can look for flows but most are a pain the butt. Is there a one stop shop that you use for up to date flow info? A really good App would be the best - what do you use??

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been using River Flows for awhile now, but I just ran across the River Brain app and may give it a shot, the saving favorites - simple as that is - is a nice addition. The USGS's new mobile site is pretty slick, it's worth a look.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
AW is more comprehensive than most and geared towards boaters.

American Whitewater - National Whitewater Inventory

problem with riverbrain is that once you get away from the classic western WW states and runs...it sucks.
Yeah but 99% of the beta on AW is over a decade old and many of the gauges are incorrect. The site listed by Tango is the best source, you just need to know which gauge your looking for.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does river brain have an apple/iPhone app?

If so I can not find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Renaissance *******
1,419 Posts
River Map

Built by wildwestriverrider
It's been the easiest one for me regardless of the device I happen to be holding.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
81 Posts
Yeah but 99% of the beta on AW is over a decade old and many of the gauges are incorrect. The site listed by Tango is the best source, you just need to know which gauge your looking for.
Logan, the beta on AWs site is provided by volunteers and paddlers, as are the gage locations. If you have updates, add them! Or send them to me, and i'll try to get things fixed. Most reaches have not been updated since WWSR was printed...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have a flow email notification feature on my web site.

Have to admit it's designed to meet my needs but works for that. Need to sign up with an email address and password. Either select the desired river section from drop down lists or enter the gauge number. Each section can be defined as either a daily update or a flow-triggered event. In no case will the user receive more than 1 email a day. The below image is my daily update with no flow triggered sections since nothing dropped below or above any of my limits.

PaddleOn River Flow User Logon

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Logan, the beta on AWs site is provided by volunteers and paddlers, as are the gage locations. If you have updates, add them! Or send them to me, and i'll try to get things fixed. Most reaches have not been updated since WWSR was printed...
Your absolutely right Nathan, I need to put some time into updating the river info beta...thank you for reminding me. AW is the best place to get flows and info, so we should all put a little effort into updating it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I prefer RiverFlows for andrioid as it is simple, loads quick, doesn't use a lot of data. If you get to a guage and want to see CFS instead of a foot guage just hold your finger on the screen and it will ask to switch.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok, I'll bring up the elephant in the room...

Eddyflower seems to be back up and running, at least for the past few weeks. When the site is working I think it is easily the best one out there for Colorado flows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.