Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster, long time reader of the forum here. I was wondering if running the Poudre in town is safe or not, I've noticed several small dams from the roads. Some are around blind corners.

I'm still a beginner the worst I have run is the Filter plant to Picnic rock, pretty easy stuff. I'm looking for something smooth and mellow to introduce my girlfriend to kayaking on. She loved it on Horsetooth, I didn't. ;) Eagerly awaiting the flows to pick up.

Rudy

·
Registered
400 Posts
Have you looked at coloradokaykers.com? They've done a few trips near town. Ask there and I'd bet you get a response.

·
Registered
86 Posts
poudre in town

i personally have not floated it, but i have walked it and biked it many times...be aware that there is a lot of junk in the river..barb wire, steel re-enforcing rod..lots of glass and broken bottles..personally i would wait for the filter plant run to get some water!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Floated from shields bridge to Prospect. There is one dam that is a easy portage. Right after college ave there is the boat ramp and cheesegrater, which is a easy portage. It's pretty mellow from there. A good beginner float - just to get in the water

·
Registered
86 Posts
poudre

howdy, be careful when portaging ..i have heard that the land owners in that area are not happy campers if they catch you on their property.... i would do it quickly.....cheers

Floated from shields bridge to Prospect. There is one dam that is a easy portage. Right after college ave there is the boat ramp and cheesegrater, which is a easy portage. It's pretty mellow from there. A good beginner float - just to get in the water

1 - 6 of 6 Posts