Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started kayaking a three weeks ago and have been practicing rolls and paddling on open water. I am ready to get on the river and need people to go with me, if you don't mind hitting up the easier part of the river for awhile let me know. I am available any day of the week, and am willing to drive as far as the upper and lower c runs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey Solid,

I live in Florence and am always looking to expand my kayaking social circle. I'm currently out of CO until mid July, but when I get back you can expect I'll be up for some easy stretches to work the kinks out.

If you haven't already checked it out, the Pike's Peak Whitewater Club is a good place to link up with some river runners in our area too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will be paddling the strech through Canon City with my Daughter a bunch this summer your more than welcome to join us, come down to the new play park by centennial park and you will find some locals.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be paddling the strech through Canon City with my Daughter a bunch this summer your more than welcome to join us, come down to the new play park by centennial park and you will find some locals.
The play park is in Canon City, I just got back from College so I haven't been in Canon too much.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The play park is in Canon City, I just got back from College so I haven't been in Canon too much.
Yes its in Canon, brand new this year the grand openning was last weekend and as of yesterday there is enough water to bring out the features. I will be down there around 4:00/4:30 today for as long as my arms last. Easiest access is off third st by the train depot.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went and checked it out before I saw your reply, looks a little over my skill level right now but maybe I am mistaken. Looks like some pretty large features.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to Kayaking!!
Its an awesome sport and you are sure to be addicted.
If you are ever in Summit County, stop over & see the guys at Ten Mile Creek Kayaks in Frisco. They always know people who are headed out and can hook you up with people of all abilities. Upper C has some good beginner runs this time of year, lots of groups going all the time. (if youre over here)
Follow some of the threads here, and tag along on trips with people that match your ability. Make sure that you are with a good group and you don't get in over your head!
Have fun & be safe!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to Kayaking!!
Its an awesome sport and you are sure to be addicted.
If you are ever in Summit County, stop over & see the guys at Ten Mile Creek Kayaks in Frisco. They always know people who are headed out and can hook you up with people of all abilities. Upper C has some good beginner runs this time of year, lots of groups going all the time. (if youre over here)
Follow some of the threads here, and tag along on trips with people that match your ability. Make sure that you are with a good group and you don't get in over your head!
Have fun & be safe!!
Thanks for the welcome, seems like everyone is pretty laid back when it comes to kayaking, I met a really nice guy that sold me a complete package for a great price. It's easy for me to stay at my skill level when I'm dealing with life or death. First day out I tucked my strap on my spray skirt, lesson learned. Can't wait to watch FIBArk and Gore Canyon competitions this summer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went and checked it out before I saw your reply, looks a little over my skill level right now but maybe I am mistaken. Looks like some pretty large features.
You might not be ready to play in the holes but they might be fun for you to run and they would be easy to skirt or walk, and the rest of the paddle through canon is very mellow with lots of eddies to practice in. The town run is a great place to learn. Shoot me a pm and I'll take you through town.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Safety Check!!!

First day out I tucked my strap on my spray skirt, lesson learned. Can't wait to watch FIBArk and Gore Canyon competitions this summer.
Ah, good one! I will be working the info booth at FIBArk on Friday & Saturday, come by and say hi. Should be a GREAT time this year, lots of great events and good times to be had.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
I don't get down stream very often, but if you were ever in the BV area I would be up for taking you down a Milkrun and giving a few pointers.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Solid- Hey my buddy Layton is looking for people to do the same thing with. He's always looking for someone to go out and take a run or practice rolls in some calm water. Layton is staying out at River Runners at Buena Vista, let me know if you want to get in touch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts