Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one floated the 'trap lately? I would like to get in on a trip, or at least get some input on flows/conditions and logistics. Let me know if you want to go or wouldn't mind another boat in the crew!

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Was thinking about a lap this weekend. Flows are summer standard ~1200. Shuttle is on the longer side but no too brutal. I usually budget 7 hours round trip from four corners without a shuttle driver. You could easily run a speed mission by paddling and a shuttle bunny cuts 1.5 hours out of that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I have not put myself to the kitchen sink test yet but am wanting too! Any advice on it or the other rapids? I am running a 12' raft.

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Depends on what your background is. I consider it read a run CL III, but the first CL III is sometimes scouted from an overgrown trail on the left. I think the risks of running into a rattlesnake on the scout are far more significant than some whatever mild carnage may occur on a blind run. YMMV. If you are into going this weekend let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black foot

Hey man, I never got any calls, don't know if your msg was for me or not but glenn has the right number. Your inbox is full so I cant pass it along, but send me a msg if it is for me.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Glenn- how on earth do you get back without shuttle? I guess i mostly run it in fall and winter, and no other boaters around to jump in with to the top, perhaps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts